Thursday, April 12, 2012

04/12/12 - Matter of Fact

 While I realize I do not have a lot to compare to, I am noticing Adam being very mature lately for his age.  Grain of salt here comes from the fact that I am with teenagers from 8 in the morning until 6 in the evening 5 days a week, so the actual maturity of a 5 year old is not my expertise.  But here's an example.  Today, Josh asked us if we wanted to have lunch with him on the pennisula during his lunch break.  So, I tell Adam we are going to lunch, and he really does not want to go.  He wants to stay home and not go anywhere today.  I say, ok, it's not a big deal either way, so we'll stay.  He overhears me tell Josh we aren't going to make it this time, and next thing I know, he has disappeared.  Upon further searching, I found him in tears.  What in the world is wrong, Adam?  His response (mature analyzation of the situation, I think), "I made a bad decision, mommy." Ok, tell me about it.  He said, "I made a wrong choice about going to lunch.  I didn't know Daddy was going to be there."  I asked if he would like to go now that he knows the details.  He said (back to 5 year old), "<sniffle> uh huh <sniffle>"  So, we made a date with the daddy and had corndogs and hamburgers in Redwood City.  Disaster averted.  What prompted him to take such responsibility for the potential loss of lunch with Daddy, I have no idea.  That, and why didn't he just tell me he changed his mind?  Hmmm.  Luckily, Mommy could pull some strings, and turn the whole thing around!  Adam has been so matter-of-fact lately.  "How was your blood test?" His response, "Not so good.  They missed three times, so Jasmine had to come in again."  Or how about something a little lighter?  "How was your day?" He might say, "Pretty good.  Rachel took my (enter item here), but Grandma took care of it."  Conversations with Adam crack me up!
This is a little overdue, but a couple weeks ago, Adam went to the Warriors game with Grandpa.  Even cooler was that they went early and got to sit sideline to watch warm ups.  Adam was so excited all week asking, "how many days until Friday?"  Even at the game, he stayed until the very end (even when Grandpa was ready to go home early)!  What an awesome treat!  Adam has always liked to watch basketball - even on TV.  It took me 25+ years to sit through a whole basketball game, Adam must be special :)

No comments:

Post a Comment