Friday, August 3, 2012

08/02/12 - Hair-y-cut

In January, Adam lost all his hair.  He was bald!  And it was a shock to me because I knew he would lose his hair, but I didn't really comprehend the smooth, shiny, baldness of it all.  Then, there it was! By Easter he had some peach fuzz going on.  By May, it looked like a buzz cut.  Finally, in July it was looking like a shaggy head, needing a trim.  But I just couldn't do it.  Adam didn't want to go get a haircut because last he remembers, he got a haircut and the hair was all gone!  But, again, we are getting ready for Kindergarten  (eek!  Kindergarten?!?  What?!?) and he is going to need to straighten up the wildness. So, we're at JC Penney getting Rachel's 4 year old pictures and find out that the JC Penney salon is dong free haircuts for kids all the month of August (check it out: JC Penney).  Free?  Well, some words ring louder than others, and we scheduled an appointment for 2:30 that day. Adam didn't complain as long as there was a lollipop at the end.  Maybe we were both over the bald trauma and ready to move on?  I told the lady the story (partly because I didn't know how I wanted his hair cut and partly because I didn't want her to go crazy with the razor), and she knew exactly what to do.  And now Adam has a clean cut, full head of white blonde hair.  It's funny, I'm talking about hair, but it feels like so much more than that.  A little weight lifted off, maybe? Not sure.


And Rachel pretending she's an Octonaut! Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment