Thursday, December 15, 2011

12/15/11 Santa Claus is Coming...

Jingle Bells and Santa Claus is Coming to Town have been our theme songs the last couple weeks.  It is so fun to see the kids excited for Christmas!  They are at perfect ages to know what is going on.  Plus, now that both Adam and Rachel can read, they know which presents are for who!  Josh and I have a couple's bible study that meets at our house every other week, and yesterday we did a white elephant gift exchange.  Unfortunately, when I pulled out one of our gifts, it looked like a mouse got to it!  More like a nosey child trying to peek.  Now, I don't know for sure, but I am guessing it was more likely Rachel than Adam, but I think I am going to have to be more careful with leaving young kids unsupervised around presents...

On Saturday I did some mass baking while Josh and Rachel went to pick out a Christmas tree.  Adam decided he would rather stay with me.  He said, "You know mommy, I need to help you make cookies because I'm going to be a chef someday." Lol.  Ok, I thought the Food Network and crazy cooking thing were just going to be a phase of chemo, but apparently not.  I love it!

Josh and I are both looking forward to our last day before Christmas break tomorrow!  And I think we are all finally over our colds and what-nots.  We both have two weeks off.  Praise God!  We take Adam in on Monday for his first appointment in this next phase.  Praying for some kind of miracle that he is not feeling sick and grumpy, but we gotta do what we gotta do, right?  Instead of making a paper Christmas countdown chain, I am thinking of making a Phase 5 countdown chain!  Feeling a little anxious as you might be able to tell.  Will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment