Wednesday, August 31, 2011

08/28/11 God is Good

“The Lord is my shepherd” “God is healer” “So do not fear…for I am your God”(Isaiah 41:10) “and God will meet all your needs” (Phil 4:19)  These are the words of God spoken from our friends.  We have the most amazing army

in Christ.  Have you ever seen the troops band together?? If you do not believe in the supernatural, you must be out of your mind.  Our God is living, visible, and mighty. 
So, I was reading this book I need to read for my teaching philosophy paper and it was written like 100 years ago and the words aren’t making sense, but I keep going, and I found a line to sum up the source of my strength. Faith to move mountains?  You betcha.  Here goes (I hope you find strength today):
"let us remember that God makes no mistakes in emphasis; as we go on to struggle with some hard problems, let us do so with zealous regard for the truth, realizing in deep humility that we may indeed fail to apprehend it in all it's sacred perfection, but trusting also that the God of all truth will show us the way to His greater glory."
If I were to pick a life verse, I would pick Phil 3:13b: “Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” But doesn’t it sometimes sound really good coming from a human novelist?  Praises to God for the wisdom I need to press on.

Let’s talk about visitors.  I love you all, more than I am able to express.  I just hope you can feel it and see the positive energy that we have because of everyone’s prayers. But here is our awesome list of troops who discharged to come spend time with us this weekend: Dale & Kathy, Al, Greg, Grandma & Grandpa, Uncle Greg, Great Grandma, Grandma Tina, Great  Grandpa, Auntie Jill, Jay, Roxanne, Troy, Papa Brent, Mike & Tham.  You are all our family and amazing people and we love you very much.

Let’s talk about the force of nature praying for us.  Thank you Holmlunds for the goodies, thank you Wilhoits for more goodies, my awesome friends around the West/Southwest: Lauren, Megan, Angela, and Jill. Thank you everyone from church, school, work, army & Iraq (with my brother), friends, acquaintances, Facebook, Jenna in China, around the world and everywhere.  I said this before, but God is faithful, His amazing grace washes away all, He will reign, and may He be glorified in all we do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment