Saturday, January 21, 2012

01/21/12 - The Great Dine

2 and a half hours later...

So, what to do when you are stuck in a rut?  How about comfort food!  Well, I had to drop off some key items at school to get ready for Spirit Week next week, and on the way home we stopped at Trader Joe's to pick up something for dinner.  And what is better than snacks for dinner (except maybe breakfast for dinner, but the kids haven't gotten past cereal yet, so we're not quite there)!?  We feasted on brie, salami, bruschetta, apple slices, trail mix, and corn chowder, some "grape juice," and it was fabulous.  The kids loved picking what they wanted off the cutting board.  Had I put that stuff on their plate and presented it as "dinner," I would have gotten a yeah right!  More like "that looks yucky," "I don't like that," "I want grilled cheese," you know the drill.  It was fun, and I am done whining.  Rachel and I are off to play checkers while Adam and Daddy play chess.  I am feeling a little yuppity, but it beats another episode of Dora and Dino Dan!  Plus, of course I got dessert too :)

Here's a before and after.                        Dinner = Success!
Before
After

No comments:

Post a Comment